Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 at 9:01am by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
I don't know if one word in a LEGO set name has ever increased my excitement for that set as much as it has today. LEGO is lifting the lid on the Ideas set inspired by the Pirate Bay submission. 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay is the ultimate nostalgia trip for those of us who remember the original Pirates sets from the late 80s and early 90s. Although I never owned 6285 Black Seas Barracuda, I spent hours ogling at it in the little booklets and posters that came with sets back in the day. Starting April 1st, you'll be able to buy this tribute to the classic set with a modern design and a fun twist. To check it out from every angle and learn more, read on!
21322 LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay
Ages 16+. 2,545 pieces.
US $199.99 - CA $259.99 - DE â‚¬199.99 - UK Â£179.99 - FR â‚¬199.99 - DK 1599.0DKK - $299.99 AUD
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Pirate shipwreck island building set for play and display
Rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO construction projects with this LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) shipwreck island model for display and play. Enjoy some calm, quality time alone building - or share the fun with others.
Rebuild into a classic
Discover the captain's cabin, food store, kitchen, bedrooms, supply dock, farm, toilet, jail cell, tavern and hidden treasure, plus lots of fun accessories, 8 pirate minifigures, assorted animal figures and 2 skeleton figures to inspire action-packed stories. This set includes an island that can be split in half and rearranged. The shipwreck can also be dismantled and reassembled to make a ship inspired by the Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship LEGO model from 1989.
LEGO Ideas offers a diverse array of sets, all created by LEGO fans and voted for by LEGO fans. Inspired by real life, action heroes, iconic movies, popular TV series or totally original concepts, there are cool model kits for people of all ages.
- Build and play with or display this LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) shipwreck island model. The island can also be split in half and rearranged, revealing buried pirate treasure.
- The set has 8 minifigures including Captain Redbeard, Lady Anchor, Robin Loot and twins Port and Starboard for pirate role-play action, plus a shark, pig, 2 parrots, 3 crabs, 2 frogs and 2 skeleton figures.
- Rooms including a captain's cabin, kitchen, tavern, bedroom and jail cell are filled with accessories. The shipwreck also rebuilds into a ship inspired by the 1989 LEGO model, Captain Redbeard's Black Seas Barracuda.
- This 2,545-piece pirate building set makes a great birthday or holiday gift for pirate and LEGO enthusiasts. It will give you a stress-relieving break from the daily grind - and hours of refreshing, creative fun.
- This cool pirate shipwreck island model measures over 23" (59cm) high, 25" (64cm) wide and 12" (32cm) deep. It's sure to make a big impression whether displayed at home or as an office desk toy.
- No batteries required - this pirate ship playset offers an immersive build with LEGO bricks only. So forget your worries, find your building zen and create a beautiful display model!
- Thinking of buying this pirate building set for someone new to LEGO model kits? No worries. It comes with step-by-step, illustrated instructions so they can take on this challenging build with swashbuckling confidence.
- LEGO Ideas sets are created by LEGO fans and voted for by LEGO fans. The theme offers an infinitely diverse array of collectible construction sets for display and creative play. There's something to delight all ages!
- LEGO building bricks meet the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible, connect strongly and pull apart easily every time - it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO bricks are tested in just about every way you can imagine, ensuring that each model kit meets the highest safety standards and that this pirate island is as robust as it is impressive to look at.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 1st April, 2020
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
When I first saw the final name for this set, I immediately got excited at the reference to the classic model. Then I saw the pictures that showed you can reassemble the island into a tribute to the classic Black Seas Barracuda and the biggest smile came across my face. This is definitely a must-buy for me, and I might even get two so I can have the island and the boat built at the same time. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks about this set - let us know in the Talkback!
« Return to News