Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 at 9:00am by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
Today LEGO and Disney are revealing the latest results of their long-running partnership, a new set that is sure to be iconic for anyone who has visited the Disneyland theme park in California. Following in the footsteps of 71040 Disney Castle, today we get our first look at 71044 Disney Train and Station, a massive 2900-piece set with an equally massive $330 price tag. If that seems like a lot, it's because in addition to the model, the set also includes a new Powered Up Hub and Train Motor, which allow you to control the train with your smart phone or tablet. The set is releasing next week on August 19th for VIPs and September 1st for everyone else. For more information and hi-res images, read on!
71044 Disney Train and Station
Ages 12+. 2925 pieces
US $329.99 - CA $379.99 - DE Ã›329.99 - UK Â£299.99 - FR Ã›329.99 - DK 2499DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Celebrate the magic with the LEGO Disney Train and Station!
Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO Disney 71044 Train and Station. Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks-style station building. This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smart phone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot and cup. And the fun doesn't end there! Inside the toy train station building there's an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!
- Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy minifigures.
- The LEGO Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car and an iconic station building.
- Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smoke stack and a driver's cab.
- Tender contains a LEGO Powered Up 88009 Hub and a LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor.
- Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO Powered Up app.
- Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Passenger car has seating for the LEGO Disney minifigures.
- Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot and cup.
- Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
- Station interior features a ticket counter, cafe corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO Disney surprise.
- Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO magnetic couplings.
- This LEGO building toy includes more than 2,900 pieces.
- The LEGO Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4" (12cm) high, 30" (78cm) long and 3" (8cm) wide.
- LEGO Disney train station building measures over 15" (39cm) high, 14" (36cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep.
- Oval rail track diameter measures over 37" (96cm) long and 27" (70cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from September 1, 2019 (August 19, 2019 for LEGO VIP members)
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
I think the Disney Train and Station is a fantastic-looking set with a lot of great detail. It's very expensive though, and I'm sure some - especially collectors who just want a display piece - wish it didn't include the tub and motor that almost certainly add at least $50 to the price. I'm sure those same collectors are sure to snatch it up though, and it will likely be popular in certain fan communities. Let us know on social media or in our Discord server what you think of the set!
« Return to News